Ergonomics in automotive design is an excellent career to make if it is well acquired with primary domain skills in BIW design or TRIM design. Ergonomics is an subset of HMI- Human Machine Inteface that speak and deals with the study of human in and around the vehicle interior and exterior from the aspects of Body, access, visibility, touch/feel, & intuitiveness the role of ergonomics is now getting well understood and absorbed in the early design phases before the vehicle package freeze and hence it is an vast arena for automotive engineers to make Ergonomics as their lethal weapon to support and justify their designs to the top management. There is seemengly no limit how fat the role of ergonomics can be utilised in overall car design and in a nut-shell, whatever you see, feel,touch, sense inside/outside of the car there is Ergonomics & HMI involved in it in a very subtle way Coreautotechniks leads this way to prepare novice and experienced automotive designers to study and grasp the ergonomics principles behind the designs and make the overall car designs safe, user friendly, very intuitive that builds the brand images for a particular OEM e.g. mercedes S class is known for its best user experience in terms of space, function, safety, intuitiveness etc and similarly volvo cars globally are know for their very high standards of vehicle safety.
What are the contents :
- Bascis of manikins and populatio and human anthropometry.
- Basics of percentiles for packaging purpose.
- Packaging hard points inside digital car.
- Defintion and significance of ergonomic hard points.
- Interior ergonmics and seating system co-relation set up.
- Reachability function, body function and access function - how to evaluate.
- Force and efforts limits.
- Basic occupant packaging - why, when and how it is done.
- Visibility function set up.
- Evaulating the dimensions for the interior space in accordance with SAE J 1100 standard.
- Estimating the blind spots and front,side, rear visibility standards and regulations.
- A-B-C pedal packaging roominess and ergonomics considerations and force /effort limits.
- Jury evaluation on ingress/egress.
- How to define the ingress/egress curves and dimensions on the interior of BIW.
- How to set up the H point to B-pillar relation from erginomics and BIW perspectives.
who can apply :
BE Mech/Production/Automobile, BIW designers / TRIMS designers / packaging engineers.
what are the benefits of the course- :
- Understand the ergonomic approach behind Automotive design in BIW, TRIMS
- Justify your designs to top management from ergonomics considerations
- BIW and ERGONOMICS together makes an expert automotive designers that you always
Click to enroll :
Call our specialist to discuss the opportunity :